This is a Blackguard Tele by Nacho Banos (author of the definitive book on Blackguard Teles: “The Blackguard”), Brand New (2021).
The last time I ordered these (2016), they sold out in less than a week. The Nacho Guitar Blackguards are the best reissue Teles out there – Fender can’t touch this quality, nor the historical accuracy. Don’t wait on this one!
The wood used for the body is the same Golden (Southern) swamp ash as used in the original Blackguard Teles. As Nacho Banos states: “A local lumber warehouse supplier had a stock of LOUISIANA SWAMP ASH, hand selected for low density to make musical instruments. Its the best wood I have ever found….I believe this new batch is simply put, our best ever!”
Nachoguitar early 50s style Spanish solid-body guitar «Blackguard».
Serial number #0493 on neck plate.
Early 50s style.
Weight: 6 Pounds 10 Oz
Neck profile: Soft V to D
Color: Butterscotch Blonde
NachoGuitar serial #0493
Early 50s style Spanish solid body Blackguard.
- Body date is Thaddio 6/3/52. Neck date is TG 11/3/52. Control cavity tape reads Gloria 8/19/52.
Maple neck, 9.5” fret board radius with Medium 95/47 frets, early to mid 1950s style medium Soft V to D profile neck, very comfortable to play and easy for string bending.
- Neck Dimensions are 0,86″/1″ depth at 1/12 fret; 1,68″/2,03″ width at 1/12 fret. This neck has a very authentic vintage feel and a very comfortable grip.
- Very lightweight example at 6 Pounds 10 Oz.
- Early 50s Standard style bridge with brass saddles, serial number #0493 stamped on neck plate.
- Aged Butterscotch Blonde nitro lacquer finish on ash body with plenty of dings and wear marks mostly around the edges. Plenty of playing wear is present on fingerboard and back of neck.
- Early 50s style hardware and vintage early 1950s Blackguard style pickups.
Neck pickup reads 7,17k ohms. Bridge pickup reads 8,02k ohms.
- Electronic configuration includes the powerful humbucking mode in the middle position: neck pickup + both pickups in series + bridge pickups all with tone control.
- The guitar comes with a black phenolic resin pickguard which has been cut, lacquered and aged to early 1950s standards.
- It comes with a very nice G&G rectangular tweed mid 50s style hard case with Alligator sides, (not aged), Made in USA.$6500